Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Police Memorial Day


This is Police Memorial Week and today has been designated as Police Memorial Day. In remembrance of this day I made a card for Bob. Inside is a poem (not the same as below). I made him one last year with the poem below. Hope you enjoy looking.
The Police Memorial Week is a time to remember the officers that have been killed while in the line of duty. I am so thankful that we have not had a lot of that around here. I know that when Sgt. Sottile was killed 2 years ago that was one of the hardest times for many people in our office and in our town.
I am thankful that personally I have not had to face that tragedy and I know that Mom has to feel the same way.
If you have the opportunity this week, stop and speak to an officer and tell them "thanks" for the thankless job they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment