Monday, March 9, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Goodies



Because I am a good Delaney and a good mom I can not have Morgan go to school next Tuesday (St. Patty's Day) without something for her class, I have made these cute bags for her class.

I used the stamp set Pinch Proof. The toppers are made with the Top Note die (for the Big Shot) and I matted the circles with Glorious Green that I punched with the Scallop Circle Punch. I did use glitter on the inside of the shamrock, because I love glitter. I sponged the green around the sides of the topper.

The bags are filled with green M & M's (which are hard to find when you need them). After a multi-store search they were located at the Dollar Tree in Arcadia (don't go there because I have all of the stock from this store). I was told they had them everywhere for Valentine's Day (green is the new color of Love), but that does not help for St. Patrick's Day. While searching I did find the neatest thing at Wal-Mart. They have in the Easter section bags of candy that are color coordinated. They had bags of jelly beans, M and M's, Reese's Peanut Butter cups, Hershey's kisses, lollipops and lots of other things that were all the same colors. They had pink, purple, orange, blue and green (very expensive compared to the dollar tree). I want to make an Orange and Blue Easter basket for Jillian, but the stuff will melt in the mail. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment