Tuesday, March 31, 2009

EASTER EGG HUNT

As is tradition we are getting ready for the annual Lake Placid Community Easter Egg Hunt. For about 33 years the Lake Placid Journal and the Delaney family has been the sponsor of the community egg hunt. Last year with the sale of the Journal we were then helped by the Lake Placid Merchants Association. This year finds the Lake Placid Merchants Association as the Sponsors of the event. Mom and I are the Chairs of the event and we are getting all ready. Dad has made sure that the Delaney family is still involved with the egg hunt with Delaney Partners being one of the Big Bunny donors. We are grateful to all of the donors but I have to plug my family. Dad and I were busy the last 2 days getting last minute donations and buying some of the last minute things. Mom and Bob were a big help today in getting some of those last minute items into the plastic eggs. More of that to come in the next few days as thing trickle in, but Morgan and I can get those done.

If you are in town on Saturday morning, please be sure to come to the Lake June Ballfield and have your child hunt eggs. The event starts at 9 sharp. I know that most of the Delaney's are not as sticky on the sharp part but I am. I think the late gene skipped me in the womb and Mom's genes took over as being more on time. Love you Grandma but I am glad that skipped me!

No comments:

Post a Comment